Based in Utrecht, Netherlands
To be announced
PC / Mac / Linux
DescriptionBattle Brothers is a challenging turn based strategy RPG mix for PC, Mac and Linux. It is being developed by Overhype Studios and is in pre-alpha stage right now. The gameplay is inspired by such classics as X-Com: UFO Defense and Jagged Alliance. You take on the role of a leader of a band of mercenaries and adventurers on the hunt for treasure, fame and legendary artifacts. As you journey onwards, an epic scale invasion unfolds that leaves nothing but burning rubble in its wake. You and your Battle Brothers emerge as the people’s last hope to unravel the source of the invasion and strike at its heart. Will you turn out to be an able commander using cunning tactical outfits to emerge victorious, or will you fail miserably sending your men into a futile bloodbath? It is up to you, but be careful – every decision matters.
- Procedurally generated. Worldmap, combat maps, characters and even the nature of the invasion itself are procedurally generated. No two games will ever be alike!
- Open and dynamic world. No boring linear missions, you decide where to go and what to do! But with choice come consequences – the world will change permanently as the invasion sweeps the lands, and you may just find a town burned to the ground if you don’t come to its aid.
- Permadeath – decisions really matter. If a Battle Brother is killed in combat he is dead forever, his experience and skills will be lost. So you better think twice about that suicide charge with your most experienced Brother.
- Huge tactical combat maps. This is not checkers, this is a grown-up combat simulation. Field up to 12 Battle Brothers at the same time on huge combat maps. Send your rangers through the woods into the back of the enemy while your armored shieldbearers stall the enemy attack.
- Height levels in combat maps. Use the high grounds for your tactical advantage! Increase the range of your archers or repell overwhelming attacks against unsurmountable enemy numbers.
- Diverse enemy roster. Enemies don’t just differ in name. All enemies have unique skills and unique AI behavior, and you have to adjust your tactics if you want to stand a chance.
- Character development. Each Battle Brother gains experience through combat. Level them up and aquire new, powerful skills and abilities to fit your own strategy.
- No restrictive class-system. Your Battle Brother’s skills and abilities are given by their equipment and level. You want to make an all ranged squad? The only limitations is whether it stands the test on the field of battle!
- Detailed inventory system. Equip your Battle Brothers with weapons, arms, armor and powerful accessories.
Battle Brothers Trailer YouTube
Battle Brothers Gameplay and Progress Update YouTube
Battle Brothers Line Battle Gameplay Commentary YouTube
There are currently no screenshots available for Overhype Studios. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Overhype Studios. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Vlambeer is a Dutch independent game studio made up of Rami Ismail and Jan Willem Nijman, bringing back arcade games since 1976. Vlambeer is best known for Super Crate Box, Radical Fishing, Serious Sam: The Random Encounter and GUN GODZ, even though they've released quite a few more games and experiments since their founding in September 2010.
More information on Vlambeer, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Overhype Studios Credits
Jan aka Jaysen
Paul aka Crabcakes
Christof aka Rap
Jan aka Imp